Announcement On Foreign Student Examination To Be Held In Turkey On May 9, 2010
To the attention of foreign students seeking admission to Turkish universities: the qualifying YÖS (Foreign Student Examination) will be held on May 9, 2010, under the supervision of ÖSYM.
Applicantions of the below-mentioned individiuals will be accepted and evaluated.
Applicants-on condition that they are either in the last year of their secondary education or have completed it-who:
(a) hold the nationality of a country other than Turkey (Stateless people and refugees may also apply),
(b)originally had the Turkish nationally by birth, but have given up their nationality upon the Turkish Ministry of Domestic Affair's approval, and their children who haven't reached their adolescence and who are registered on their document for giving up their nationality and, at the same time, who have proved that they received the Official Document for The Use of Rights Granted by The Law, No.5203,
(c) have Turkish nationality or are citizens of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and who completed their secondary education in a foreign country other than the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
To apply for the YÖS, go to the website http://ais.osym.gov.tr between the dates of February 15nd and February 26th, 2010, and follow the instructions. The 2010 YÖS Guide and Application Form can both be downloaded; the Guide will provide detailed information on the examination and the process for applying to take it.
The following change has been made in the Requirements Related to the Acceptance of Foreign Students in the plenary meeting on 18th February, 2010 by the Board of Higher Education.
“B- Candidates for Application
a) On condition that they are attending the last grade of high school, or have graduated from it, applications by
1) hold the nationality of a country other than Turkey (Stateless people and refugees may also apply),
2) have Turkish nationality or are citizens of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and who completed their secondary education in a foreign country other than the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
will be accepted
b) Applications by candidates who are
1) hold Turkish nationality or are citizens of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus or hold dual nationality, one of which is Turkish or that of that of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (Aplications from anyone who completed his/her secondary education in a foreign country other than the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus can be accepted.),
2) starting from the year 2011, have followed and completed their secondary education either in Turkey or in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and gave up Turkish nationality or that of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus while holding dual nationality
3) have Turkish nationality, but have completed their secondary education in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
4) have been dismissed from a higher education program in Turkey for disciplinary reasons
will not be accepted.”
Monday - Friday
09.00 - 12.30 / 14.00 - 17.30
Consular Section - Working Days - 09.00 - 12.30 Public Transportation to the Embassy: Buses - 714, 723, 728 Our official e-Visa webpage is www.evisa.gov.tr. Be wary of using unauthorised websites, as these may charge additional fees for supplying information and submitting applications. Some unauthorised websites have also issued fake e-Visas.
|6/10/2020||6/10/2020||Day of Portugal, Camões, and the Portuguese Communities|
|6/11/2020||Corpus Christi Day|
|6/13/2020||St. Anthony's Day (Lisbon Day)|
|11/1/2020||All Saint's Day|
|12/1/2020||Restoration of Independence Day|
|12/8/2020||Immaculate Conception Day|
+ 90 312 292 29 29